Friday, February 20, 2009

Oh No!

Lol... reaction of the day man!

It all started when Nanci, my Graphic Design teacher gave us an extra project that involved a real client: NEC. Noooo not the computer brand but Nanyang Executive Centre lol... They wanted to rebrand their centre which serves like a one-stop learning experience inclusive of hotel rooms and restaurant and believe me, they did if you saw their design package lol. Once we heard we'll get paid if our design was choosen, we jumped at the chance!

I think this was the shortest deadline I ever had to rush with so many collaterals to produce. So Trixie, Cherlyn, Dan and me slogged for I dunno 2 weeks and came up with some professional looking products. We even had to 'sell' ourselves to the client today, what with Dan's speech of "what sets us apart from the rest!"

But after slogging for 2 weeks, reality hits us that if we were to get choosen we'll need to work on it for another one more week to finalise production and plus all the hw we have over recess week, it not even a holiday! So ironic as it was, many prayed to impress the judges but NOT get choosen.

And unfortunately or not, that was what we got! Nanci called Trix and it went something like this-
N: Do you know why I'm calling?
T: ... ?(long pause)
T: Em... is it about NEC?
N: Well yeahhhh...
N: What do you think will be the result?
T: ...?(ANOTHER long pause)
T: Er... I dunno?
N: ... (Long climax pause)
N: YOU WON! :D
T: OH NO! O.O
N: Huh? Why "Oh No!"?!
T: Erm *tries to distract*
T: Lynne! We won!

Yah... and now you know...lol...

No comments: