Saturday, February 20, 2010

Heart no Kuni no Alice - Ace

I just finished Ace's route last night at 5am!!! Lol! It was actually my second try since my first try ended in BADEND1 cos when I tried to use Peche's guide, I mistook "+1 responsibility" answers as a good thing, so ended up selecting all the wrong choices in Nightmare's events -_-... got pretty depressing but the second try was worth it! I'm not Japanese so I had difficulties understanding the game so pls pardon me if I read it wrongly with my translation tool >.<.

I've read the manga and did a bit of research on the game and I know playing Blood's route is so tempting (especially with that voice of his, drawling with the promise of passion which he uses unshamefully) but in the end I choose Ace first... I think my bad boy tendency is turning me into a masochist -_-.

His route is actually pretty toned down than expected from the Joker's series as described in Kaho-Yukimura's livejournal (Love you for that!) Usually, there's much laughter, teasing and sweetness when you visit him, Like when he says how he tried to find you but before he knew it, he's lost and he was afraid he would never see you again, or that even though he always seems to get lost, he always manages to meet you because he wants to see you just like you want to see him. (AWWW!) There was also one conversation where he got really serious, saying that it's really hard to think of you yet not being able to meet cos he worries if you'll be with another guy >.<.

But since he's not very innocent, of course he finds ways to seduce you every now and then with a kiss and a touch despite Alice's protest. These are some of the summarised versions of the camping events jotted down from memory. If I translated it wrong pls let me know ><.

NOTE HUGE SPOILER AHEAD! (though I won't be posting too many pics ><)

Camping Event:

(Ace yawns and starts taking of his coat, but his action stops when he notices Alice staring at him...)

Ace: What's wrong? Does even my change of clothes interest you? ^-^
Alice:...You don't really care if there is a girl in the tent do you?
Ace: It's not like I'm really going to strip naked^-^ Does it bother you?
Alice: If you did, I think I'd run out from here... -_-"'
Ace: Hahaha...if that happens, I don't think it's possible for you to run away. ^-^
Alice: ...Why?
Ace: I won't let you. ^-^

(Alice wonders why she never learns not to go camping with this dangerous man from past experiences...)

Ace: Eh? When did I threaten you?
Alice: What you said that day sounded like a threat...
Ace: Huh... you mean that? That's not threatening. It's different. That's called seduction. ^-^ (or that's what my translator told me ><)

The continuation is a bit of a blur as I don't really understand 50% of it T-T. Ace starts crowding close to her, saying she looks very calm for someone who seems to be cornered and begins to confess his love and ask if she thinks of thim that way too. Alice, being very practical, finds his sudden confession insincere and rejects him, saying she'd rather see him as a friend, a friend close enough that doesn't mind if the opposite sex changes clothes in the same room. He laughs and contradicts her by pointing out that it does concern him or that instead she is already too aware of him (not too sure!><). And yes, he then kisses her to her surprise that she forgot to blink!

(When they begin to lie down on the sleeping bag, Ace moves close to her...)

Alice: Why don't you sleep apart from me more?
Ace: Huh... I don't want to... Why would I? (He sounds like a child throwing tantrum here lol!)
Alice: (feels like kicking him away -_-*)
Ace: Can I come closer? ^-^ (not too sure here)
Alice: Absolutely not. It'll come to no good if you come close now. -_-*
Ace: Hahah~ I won't accept that answer, try again? ^-^ (again I know the translation is bad so pardon my attempts ><)

So he moves closer to her with the excuse that it was a long-awaited opportunity to...em... "sleep" with her. She begins to ponder again about her feelings for this man and her conflicting views of his personality and how all this is suppose to be a dream so she shouldn't fall in love. Her thoughts took quite a while so I was just as surprised as she was when he suddenly flipped the blanket over and positions himself over her! *Squeels!*

Ace: What are you thinking about eventhough you're with me? ^-^
Alice: Wa!
Ace: Are you thinking about other guys?
(Again, Alice notices how serious he is and doesn't dare me the wrong move, and wonders if it is better to tell him the truth...Ace on the other hand notices her hesitation and that her mind has wondered off the situation...poor thing! :P)
Ace: Worrying about something again?
Alice:.....
Ace: ...I wish to destroy that composure of yours.
Alice: You look composed yourself -_-
Ace: ...But I'm not... You just don't see it...^-^

(In the next event, he confesses again...)

Ace: I love you.
Alice: What are you saying so suddenly?!
Ace: Eh? Why are you surprised for? Didn't I say it before? (I seriously pity the guy here -_-)
Alice: If you mean that time, I though you said it in the light of the mood.
Ace: But I didn't take it lightly O.o But you're right, I probably did not want to and did not love you at that time.
Alice:( He admitted it -_-"' I knew it, at that time there was no feeling of love.)
Ace: But I'm surprised now that it's different... Can you feel it? Love...
Alice... I don't know

He then kisses her and sighs into her lips and asks her again if she likes him. She replies that she doesn't hate him but is still no sure what kind of love she has for him and assures herself it is probably not romantic. In return, Ace insist that she is his love >-<.

In the next event, Ace fights with Peter because he too doesn't like to share what's his and thanks Peter for bringing Alice to him ^-^ Though it annoys Peter, he admits that as long as Alice is willing to stay he doesn't mind who she chooses to be with and ask if he an make her happy. Then that idiot fellow cheerfully says he doesn't know but they won't know unless he tries, bringing another bout of bullets flying at him -_-."'

Next scenes involve Alice inviting Ace to her room since he has always invited her into his tent so it was just common courtesy. Ace teases her, asking if there was an ulterior motive behind it which she strongly objected! He suddenly turns serious and ask if she has invited Peter in before. Of course not, she say, and Ace lightens the mood by laughing and saying from now on he should be the only one to be "taken in" by her LOL.

This is followed by the ball event which both Peter and Ace reluctantly takes part in There were a few funny parts, such as when Ace invited Alice to camp with him cos it's better then to camp and get lost alone and Peter, in a very calm voice, tells him to die ^-^ Later on Peter again stresses that Ace should just start his journey NOW and ALONE. Lol! When the Ball started, Alice was impressed by Vivaldi's power and exclaims that she's amazing.

Ace: Eh? Vivaldi amazing? Well I guess she is kinda...
Peter: Huh?! How is she amazing???
Ace: Er...I don't really know... hahaha! What do you see in her Alice?
(Alice then tries to explain that she looks up to Vivaldi from a sense of adoration of the same sex, something Peter couldn't understand lol)
Ace: Ah... I see. I think I understand how you feel.
Alice:...You do???
Ace: Sure! Like how I admire Peter-san ^-^ (Blushes and glances and Peter, who has a look of disgust and tries to back away!)
Peter: Can you please go and die now... -_-

I really laughed my head out! here It turns out that Ace admires the way Peter doesn't get lost in everything he does and is very straightforward with his feelings (especially towards Alice), and ask if he should learn from Peter, which Alice strongly objected LOL. And when it was time for them to change their clothes, both Peter and Ace objected to wearing suits and Alice realised that this was the only time they agreed to anything at all LOL. Afterwhich there's the dance scene where Ace, wearing a white suit and looking very knighly indeed, persuades Alice to think of them as already a couple since she has already allowed him to do *this* and *that* lol! As they dance, he jerks her closer to his body and both of them feels that it was going to be a night to remember.

After the ball, the two start conversing in Alice's room. Alice says she wants to change to be a better person like her sister but Ace tells her that he likes her just the way she is and gently strokes her cheek. He's attracted to her rough and introvert personality and often bullies her because he thinks her cute! Alice wonders if he mistook that Lorina was bullying her and clarifies. Ace then says that if her love for her elder sister is the reason that she wants to go back, then he would see her as an enemy and promises her that he would protect her from any harm, even if it was from her own sister. But she insists that ultimately, they would have to part one day and Ace hugs her tightly:

Ace: Not yet...You are special to me...There's is no need for you to change.
Alice: You mean you like my timid and introvert self? (says jokingly)
Ace: That's right. Because I love you. Thus it is better if you don't change.
Alice: Do not say it just like that... (Frowns while blushing)
Ace: I've showed you my intentions with utmost sincerity... is it not enought? (Turn serious)
Ace: You have not told me that you love me.
Alice: ...! (I can't say it even if I wanted to. If I did it would feel as if I could no longer return home...)
Ace:...

The ending was another fav of mine where she was having tea with Vivaldi while consulting her on matter of the heart since he finally decided to stay, and I think Vivaldi keeps saying she has bad taste in man -_-. The queen talks about measuring the value of a man in terms benefits on can get and tells Alice that a woman's responsibility is to lighten a man's wallet! (Yeesh I totally agree! Poor Ace! ><) Vivaldi then leans in to whisper to Alice what OTHER benefits a man can give to a woman and Alice was totally like @-@!?! And when Vivaldi offers to "show and teach" Alice hands-on, Ace jumps into the conversation and rescues Alice HAHAHA! Ignoring the presence of his boss, Ace teases Alice's sensitive ears by breathing into them and whispering of the 'benefits' he overheard the women talking. (When he whispered I seriously tot I was going to faint in happiness! ><) He kisses her in her room. Locked in a long passionate kiss, he chides her for getting exhauted from a kiss and says he's happy that she stayed (because of him ^-^).

There seems to be an extra ending where Ace gets to thank you as a player which is totally damn funny! He finishes by wondering if WE should sleep together tonight and laughs his oh-so- innocent laugh. And then, just as I was feeling exasperated by the way he teases my heart, he goes and say Ace: Of course I'm not joking ^-^

Hope you enjoyed it cos i really fell in love with Ace's character! Hope to write a fanfic soon! Hmmm who will it be next? Will be posting more!


3 comments:

Celene said...

Thanks for the summary!! Loved it!

MMO fan said...

I wish there was a video where I could hear Ace's voice. Thanks for the review, I enjoyed it immensely.

UsagiTrash said...

I have a question~ I'm doing his route to go into Julius' s, but before the balls the dance scene with him didn't appear, how do you did to do propperly his route? I always end with bad ends
thanks~~